1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

194 or 195 days?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by dr jackson, Jul 23, 2011.

1. I got a letter from my LA yesterday saying that as the govt declared a bank holiday for the wedding supply staff's salary would have to be recalculated as 194 days and not the usual 195. Arrears to be paid in August. Seems too good to be true. Has anyone else heard about this?

2. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

I heard that it should happen but haven't been told anything yet by my LA employer. It won't apply to private agency work.
    Thanks for the reminder. I'll follow it up with my employer.

3. Definitely grateful that all of my work in 2010/2011 was for my LA. I feel for those who have no choice but to work for agencies. It seems harsh. Why don't they have to comply like LAs do?

4. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

The daily rate being a division of annual pay into 195 days (194 this year) is for those paid on teachers' Mainscale. That involves being LA employed.
    Agencies don't pay on the official payscale. They pay what they can get away with.The agency is the employer, not the school/LA. Agencies teachers can't pay into the Teachers' pension Scheme either from their agency earnings.