1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

19/20 payscales

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by mrsbrightside, Aug 25, 2019.

1. mrsbrightside

mrsbrightside New commenter

Hi!
    Does anyone know where to find the payscale for this coming year? When I google I can only find 18/19 and I’m assuming they’ll go up with inflation and with this 2.7% - is that happening from sept?

Thanks!

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

3. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

I think those Luton ones were an estimate based on 2% so not accurate. I think. We should see more by September 1st.

Curae and mrsbrightside like this.
  4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Thanks.

Good to know.

And sorry to the OP.

Curae and mrsbrightside like this.
  5. smoulder1992

smoulder1992 New commenter

mrsbrightside likes this.
  6. Sundaytrekker

Damien Hinds confirmed in July that the government accepted in full the STRB recommendations so the 2.7% applies to the maximum and minimum of the given pay ranges. For a number of years it has been up to schools how they deal with points in between and how they allow progression. Most have adopted a set number of points as previously. The unions have yet to release proposed ranges as the consultation period was running through the summer holidays. These should be available soon.

To the OP: it’s not inflation AND 2.7%. It will be 2.7% in total

7. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

DfE should be publishing the 2019/20 STPCD pay scales within the next few days (as it's supposed to come into force on 1st September!) but unless in September you will be (a) working in an LA school, and (b) at the bottom of either Main scale or UPS it will not tell you what your pay will be.. They are the only people guaranteed a 2.7% pay rise.

For everyone else your school will need to review its own pay scales and they don't have to give a 2.7% pay rise to every teacher. Only when your governing body/academy trust publishes its 2019/29 pay scales (hopefully by 31st October) will you know what your pay will be.

Sundaytrekker likes this.
  8. nomad

nomad Star commenter

2019-20

;)

strawbs and Rott Weiler like this.
  9. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

I think he was probably right first time...

and that's being optimistic

10. cornflake

cornflake Established commenter

The consultation was running over the summer holidays (As a HT, I received an email after the end of term, inviting me to respond by 23rd August).... so as everyone says, we don't yet know and the min/max restriction applies unless your school/MAT decides differently

11. Sundaytrekker

The joint union advice letter with pay scales is ready. The NAHT has it on their website for members. It carries the caveats that the scales are for schools using the pre 2014 type of pay scale points and also that the outcomes of the consultation are not yet known.

Piranha likes this.
  12. mrsbrightside

13. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

consultation end date was yesterday I believe

14. mrsbrightside

So would this be on this month’s pay, or would it be backdated and applied to pay from November-ish?

15. Sundaytrekker

Each school has to agree their pay policy then changes are back dated to September. It usually November at the earliest for arrears to come through.

16. mrsbrightside

That’s great thanks. I’ve just started a new school and there was a mistake on my contract with my wage. I’ve had it amended but just wanted to work out roughly how much to expect this month to make sure that finance have the correct amount.

17. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

Pay Scales 19/20 are on the main Union web sites. The speed of back dating is not bad these days. I have waited six months for a National Pay Award to be back dated many years ago..