1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

17year old student attacked by ex-student

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by linguisticsnote, Oct 5, 2017.

1. ...is this solely a police issue or do the college have some responsibility since an earlier incident had been reported to a director and not acted upon (when the ex-student was still as student at that same college)?

2. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

I think the college only has a responsibility if this happened on college premises.
    The earlier incident should be on the ex-student's college record. An incident form should have been filed and disciplinary proceedings undertaken. The police are entitled to access the incident form. However, speaking from experience, it is likely that it was all hushed up and the ex-student has a clean college record.

pepper5 likes this.
  3. sarah_dann1

sarah_dann1 Occasional commenter TES Behaviour peer advisor

I think the school would need to pass on any background information about the students involved to help with police with any investigations but as far as I know, if the incident happened off premises, this would be the extent of their involvement.

Is this something you are concerned about? Remember you can always phone your union rep for advice if you need it.