1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

£800 for a family to see Springsteen....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Feb 18, 2012.

1. 4 tickets for his Isle of Wight gig..£825...f.uck off Bruce.

2. Now Main Street's whitewashed windows and vacant stores
    Seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more
    They're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracks

3. Outside the streets on fire in a real death waltz
    Between flesh and what's fantasy and the poets down here
    Don't write nothing at all, they just stand back and let it all be
    And in the quick of the night they reach for their moment
    And try to make an honest stand but they wind up wounded, not even dead Just shopping in Tescos

4. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I remember when you could buy the Isle of Wight for £825!

5. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I think if I lived on the Isle of Wight I might be tempted to pay £825 to not hear him. Sorry, I just dont get the appeal of a singist who's words I can't understand. Born to run? Yes I was, and as far away from a Springsteen concert as possible.

6. Bloody hell MM..you sound just like my dad did in the 70s....you'll be telling me to get my hair cut next. :¬))

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

And that's another thing I was going to mention...
    Seriously, aging hippy that I am, you'd be embarrassed to be my son, what with my hair nearly down to my shoulders. It used to be, a month ago, before it was getting in my eyes and giving me so much grief that I asked her indoors to do something about it. She lopped off a bit too much so at the moment, I'm not quite Jeff Beck anymore, but working on it.

8. back in the day, i shelled out £100 each for the 3 of us (mr m begged to be excused) to see a rada preview of deathly hallows pt1 - it was a fundraiser after all.
    demand must have been good, as they decided they could ask £200 a seat for part 2
    we passed

9. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Albert, you was robbed!
    We paid 50p to see U2 in 1980 at Manchester Poly. (Mind you they were virtual unknowns at the time and there were about 30 of us in the audience.)

10. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. Nowhere did I suggest that £200 wasn't a lot of money. But it doesn't cost £200 to see Springsteen. It costs £200 to buy the camping ticket and see a range of bands at the Isle of Wight festival.
    I'd suggest if you find Springsteen to be 'an aging singer with his band' then the £66 it ACTUALLY costs to watch Springsteen at one of his solo gigs is still to much money. You get to choose what you spend your money on you know.
    I personally wouldn't go to festivals anymore owing to having issues with dirty toilets and living in a field for 3 days. But if I liked that sort of thing, I might see £200 as decent value to see at least 5 bands that I really like, plus a range of other performances by other unsigned or lesser known acts.
    Each to their own.
    But it does NOT cost £200 to see Springsteen. Which was the point I made, but I think you got the wrong end of the stick and thought I meant "It's not that much..." as in "It's quite a good deal" which I didn't.

11. fantastischfish

My Dad took me to that gig to introduce me to live music. I was 3 years old at the time [​IMG]

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

[​IMG]

13. fantastischfish