1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

16 to 19 Free School

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by badpower, Dec 15, 2015.

1. badpower

badpower Occasional commenter

Good Morning,

I live near Liverpool and am a product of Education in Knowsley. There has been a lot of Knowsley bashing going on lately with regard to outcomes or pupils. I am really saddened to hear that most A level provision I Knowsley is now closed down and that the local council are encouraging students to go to other authorities to attend high quality colleges. As an educator from Knowsley I find it unreal that Knowsley sees it as unviable to keep or provide any new A level provision in the authority.

I am thinking about putting a group together with the possibility of making an application to start a 14 to 19 free school in the area so that there I A level provision for the young people of Knowsley.

This is not going to be easy and will require a lot of unpaid hours to even get an appropriate application put together.

I am already in touch with a residents action group in knowsley and am wondering if there is there anyone here that may be willing to get on board? Looking for leaders with experience in sixth form, finance etc.

If you are then please get in touch