1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

16 days of strikes over bullying of staff

Discussion in 'Education news' started by Corvuscorax, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

St. Catherine's school in Bexleyheath, there was a news item on it on LBC just now.

Looking at the number of schools described on these boards, where bullying, overwork and massive stress is normal life, I really wish more staff took this action.

Yes, people leave, and it is right that they do, but that just means more victims are drawn in to replace them from the general population.

Rather than this throughput of human sacrifice, how much better if every staff ruled by bullying just went on strike over and over again until it stopped.

2. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Ouch. Glad I don't work there. Difficult to know what's going on when I'm not there. Looks like a fair amount of grief before resolution occurs.

4. Sisyphus_rolls_again

Sisyphus_rolls_again Established commenter

Good for them.
    Strike action worked for us a couple of years ago.
    Not just the specifics of the action but also an understanding by SLT that there was a limit to their mickey taking.

Corvuscorax likes this.
  5. install

install Star commenter

I wonder how this turned out..