1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

14months- going off morning milk?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by EBC, Mar 8, 2012.

1. EBC

EBC New commenter

My little girl seems to be going off her milk this week. She was having all 8oz of formula milk up till now.

This last week she barely has 2oz. Is this normal? Should she be stopping her morning bottle? She has her bedtime bottle with no problems.

Should I change to cows milk now? Or is it a beaker time? I'm working so I wake her at 7.30am, give bottle, then off to mums or nursery. I don't really want to be waiting for her to drink from her beaker- she hasn't got to that point yet. Only for water.

Any ides or advice?

2. Sounds pretty normal to me (didn't formula feed but my LO dropped his breast feeds so would take it as being the same thing) I would change to cows milk. Maybe try milk out of a cup on your days off and then build up to work days when your LO is happier taking it.
    Good luck

3. EBC

EBC New commenter

Having thought more about it and talked it through with mum and nursery, she's also not allowing us to feed her porridge and weetabix etc in the morning.

She'll have scrambled egg and things for breakfast because she can feed herself, so not sure if it's a milk thing rather than I'm feeding myself thing!!

Is your lo like this????

4. definitely. The problem is that I don't have time on work days to let him feed himself so we compromise with him having a spoon and I feed the weetabix. He also screams the house down when he has finished his 2 weetabix as he is still hungry. He must have a very fast metabolism - I think he is only about 22lb at 16 months

5. definitely - drives me nuts - the problem is on work days I don't have time to let him feed himself so he has a spoon and I have the spoon with food on. He also screams when his 2 weetabix have gone - how he is so little I will never know. Must have a very fast metabolism.