1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

141 new resources and counting

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by spsmith45, Mar 27, 2011.

1. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Good on you! Thanks for sharing.

2. chriszwinter

chriszwinter New commenter

As I think I said in another post of TES Connect, it's not just the finished product that you share with the rest of us, but also the time, imagination, and creativity that goes into the work. You've saved other people hours of work and inspired us into the bargain. We should all be grateful for all of that. I certainly am.
    Thanks again.

3. Thanks for sharing your resources, BrightonEarly. I have given your site a mention and recommendation on my blog.

4. These are great resources - really fun! Thank you so much.

5. BrightonEarly

BrightonEarly Occasional commenter

I really appreciate all of the encouraging comments. Glad to know my sharing is saving other people time. [​IMG]

6. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

7. BrightonEarly

Thanks for the link mlapworth - it didn't connect straight away, but I removed the end extensions to the address and it worked fine. [​IMG]
    By the way, I've been writing resources using TaskMagic3 and hope to post some on my website soon - keeping my fingers crossed that my free provider allows the new extensions. I'll post loads at once as the extension (if it works) will almost certainly quickly migrate to the unaccepted list. [​IMG]
    Thanks also Dom for a very positive write up on your blog. I'll let you know how many people visit my languages website from your link. [​IMG]
    I'll be adding more A Level French resources - but please do let me know if you come across errors - French is my 2nd foreign language [​IMG].
    Think I love smiley faces! [​IMG]

8. mlapworth

mlapworth Occasional commenter

Oh yes, you're right - don't know why there's an extra space at the end... this link should work:
    http://domsmflpage.blogspot.com/2011/03/some-more-resources.html
    I don't understand why your web provider has a limited range of extensions. If they are blocked, one option would be to upload them somethere else. How about setting up a DropBox and putting the files in a public folder, then link to the dropbox public url for each file from your website?

9. Geekie

Geekie New commenter

I don't know if it's the service provider or the software that you use to do the website or what that has problems with certain sorts of files. I use Dreamweaver, which has problems with Promethean .flp files, so I upload them as zipped folders. It also refuses to recognise PowerPoint 2007 files, for which I have yet to find a solution that isn't zipping.

10. BrightonEarly

It is a free hosting site, so they don't allow certain types of files to be uploaded. In this way you might choose to upgrade to the paying version and then you can upload all kinds of files.
    I probably will get school to host some of the disallowed file types and then link to those addresses. Now that the TaskMagic files don't have separate folders of pictures or sound files, this will be much easier to do.
    Thanks for the advice - all very helpful [​IMG].