1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

14 years? 14?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lanokia, Apr 20, 2017.

1. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39654095

Utter joke.

2. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I think it's pretty sad myself :( Are there any 'mitigating' mental health issues (rather not read the article)....?

Laphroig likes this.
  3. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

To prove murder they have to show intent. Very hard with 2 defendants. Life for murder starts at 15 years. Such a sad story. Wicked people.

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Hopefully if either have any children in future, they'll be taken straight into care....

schoolsout4summer likes this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Apparently the man was seen giving her the thumbs-up at the bus stop. Ugh.

Those poor passengers. Thinking they could help. Trying to revive a baby who'd been dead for days.

emerald52 and InkyP like this.
  6. annie2010

annie2010 Occasional commenter

Unbelievable.
    Should be life imprisonment/ confinement in a psychiatric facility.
    There is obviously something so wrong with these parents. A desperately tragic short life for their baby.

7. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Forced sterilisation should be the starting point.
    "I didn't mean to murder her. Never crossed my mind that slamming her against a hard surface and fracturing her skull might be dangerous..."
    He's a violent drug addict, she is clearly half-witted. Why anyone would forecast anything but bad news for an infant entrusted to their care is beyond me.

Can someone please tell me what the point of the Child Protection Register is?

BelleDuJour and wanet like this.
  8. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

In my experience, there was little point to it, so no, I can't.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  9. Postduif

Postduif Occasional commenter

This thread is pointless and not a little tasteless.

The maximum sentence that can be imposed for causing or allowing the death of a child is indeed fourteen years. It needs to be said however that this couple will not actually be sentenced for another six weeks, on May 28th. My guess is that they will, under the M'Naghten rules, be detained indefinitely in a secure mental hospital, which is where they belong.

This is a dreadful case, and nothing posted on this thread will bring a bonny baby back to life, or contribute one iota to how her killers are treated. Talk of punishment is nonsensical, given that these people are amoral.

[This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

According to the news the child had been dead for about 3 days before she got onto the bus and pleaded for help.

palmtree100 likes this.
  11. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

It's the days of agony the poor little mite must have suffered before she mercifully died that bother me.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Indeed.

13. Norsemaid

Norsemaid Occasional commenter

On reading the article it's sounding like he has a borderline / antisocial personality disorder - he controlled the partner , partner's mother and had reapeatedly told her that he never wanted the child and should have done away with her before she was born .
    He was also known for violence .
    Just appalling , vile and heartbreaking . Too many little ones are slipping under the radar or being left in horrific circumstances .
    Sometimes due to incompetence, but , there aren't the staff now due to saving money in that sector . ... it seems that looking after the vulnerable in society is so far down the list it's an afterthought .
    But if you work in the city and big business...
    An overgeneralisation I know. But that is how I feel as I type this .
    People simply don't matter anymore .

14. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Lead commenter

Sadly there will always be evil people in our society and while the state can limit the damage they inflict it can never be totally eliminated. From time to time stories appear in the news about children being murdered by their parents and I suspect this will continue to be the case in the future. I cant agree there is a link between this shocking case and global capitalism.

15. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Senior commenter

16. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Makes me angry and sad... 25 children?

Gross irresponsibility...

17. Norsemaid

Begs the question what has happened to them ? Is any authority monitoring them and why oh why has he not been picked up before .

I have to be honest and say that it sounds boastful in the extreme and very much in keeping with personality disorder traits . Extreme boasting , air of grandiose complete lack of empathy for anyone .

18. Norsemaid

Like a said an overgeneralisation, but money is not overflowing in the care sector is it , whichever leads to overworked/ exhausted protection officers leading to youngsters falling through the net .

To blame capitalism is I agree extreme but that was not my point as death occurs in communist countries too ...
    The death of a little one is always emotive .

19. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Lead commenter

Was he the named father of 25 babies? If so why didn't some computer somewhere pull up the fact that he was (presumably he didn't work and support those 25 children? ) producing offspring left, right and centre; children he could not afford to provide for and start putting some sort of screws on him? He cannot have had to be down the job centre for 35 hours a week job seeking etc and providing proof he was on genuine job seeking activity (as opposed to bonking anything with a pulse type activity)
    I don't mean this to be inappropriate levity as I find nothing about this light hearted at all. Somewhere there will be 24 of his offspring that we will all have to fund for countless years. Meanwhile my friend with lifelong cerebral palsy is in tears and fretting herself to illness because she fears her dla will be taken from her when she has a PIP assessment. You just could not make it up (and do not get me started on the ridiculous hoops I have to jump through going on my daily business of trying to teach children out of the school environment and yet he and that foolish woman- women , he is with can do these dreadful things !)

20. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Lead commenter

I must say, one wonders about this fellow. If he was a regular drug abuser you'd think he would have a criminal record. If he was controlling and violent towards women you wonder if he had been in trouble with the police for that. I think I am in agreement Helen, there must be files on this individual so you cant help wondering why the heck he lived the life he obviously did. You could imagine job centre staff and other state employees being extremely wary of him and therefore not asking him too many question.