1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

13 week return after maternity...

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Freckles20, May 24, 2011.

1. Could someone clarify this for me and point me in the right direction of documentation.

I'm due to return to work from my maternity after May half term. For a number of reasons I have decided that I'd like to leave my current post and have applied for a new job in a new school, different borough. I've been asked to interview on Friday. If I'm successful I'll be required to start from September. My question is do the 6 weeks holidays count as part of the 13 week return period before you have to pay back any maternity pay? I am sure it does, but just wanted a solid place to find this information.

Thanks xx

2. Could someone clarify this for me and point me in the right direction of documentation.

I'm due to return to work from my maternity after May half term. For a number of reasons I have decided that I'd like to leave my current post and have applied for a new job in a new school, different borough. I've been asked to interview on Friday. If I'm successful I'll be required to start from September. My question is do the 6 weeks holidays count as part of the 13 week return period before you have to pay back any maternity pay? I am sure it does, but just wanted a solid place to find this information.

Thanks xx

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

4. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

If you get the job and hand in your notice by 31st May, make sure that you stipulate 31st August as your date for leaving your employment.