1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

127 Hours

Discussion in 'Personal' started by captain oats, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I've seen Shaun of the Dead - too stupid for my tastes so I abandoned it half way through and went to do dishes or something and left the others watching it.

2. Well, that's me tellt! Take it you didn't like "Hot Fuzz' either then? Anyone else?!

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

I must be living in a bubble. Have only seen one trailer, from which I would not have realised there is an unpleasant scene. Now I am curious.

4. I simply do not find Simon Pegg funny so Hot Fuzz or Shaun of the Dead would be of no interest to me

He was ok in Start Trek

5. Ditto...but I'm in Oz, so it may not have made it here yet.........

6. Well advertised if you read film reviews and/or are addicted to Flixster

7. and it wasn't actually just a stupid zombie spoof movie....if you watch it carefully it makes several valid and clever points about people in society, and how we live our lives........it was EXTREMELY clever....but you may have missed that.....

8. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

You know for a while that the gory bit in 127 Hours is coming, you slowly realise that he has no other option, but it didn't make it any easier when it eventually happened.

9. I really want to see it but I'm a bit wary of the gory scene. How graphic is it?? Is it full on close up of the deed being done or does it leave more to the imagination? Although I know it's only an actor and special effects, it's obviously the idea that somebody actually had to do it that would kill me off [​IMG]

10. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Unfortunately you do have to watch every part of the process, you see everything. It made me feel very aware of my arms lol.

Please don't let that put you off though, it is a brilliant film.

11. I don't know if seeing everything makes it worse.....does anyone remember seeing "Shallow Grave" where the dismembering of corpses was implied by HEARING everything? Sometimes imagination is worse.......

12. Crowbob

Crowbob Senior commenter

I have just read a review. I am still curious but certainly would close my eyes when it happened...

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Absolutely. As for me I loved Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Run Fat Boy Run and also the series that Simon Pegg was in, Spaced.
    There are many excellent zombie films, it's a genre like any other, and so it has it's seminal films and it's utter dross.

14. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Yep, me too. [​IMG]
    And that other film he was in, the name of which escapes me, but which I'm too lazy to IMDB. British bloke goes to America to work on a magazine...

15. How to make friends and alienate people

16. LOSE friends....not make friends!

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Aye, that's the one! Thanks pinkflipflop. [​IMG]

18. anon468

anon468 New commenter

This phrase and 'Inception' definitely don't go together IMO!
    The A-Team* on the other hand... [​IMG]
    *utter rubbish, but great fun

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I thoroughly enjoyed Inception but found it quite hard work on the ole brain cells. Mr Kibosh on the other hand did indeed find it 'quite easy viewing'. Now the A'Team is another point of discussion in our house. I don't remember the Series but Mr Kibosh assures me he loved it as a kid and thoroughly expected more 'ridiculous impossibility but lots of fun action' in the film. He was not disappointed.

20. The premise of Inception was quite simple and, once one understood that the story line was good but straightforward ... Surely easy viewing