1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

12 failed interviews..

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Kartoshka, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

If you are getting interviews then you are doing something right! Try to see each one not as a failure, but just that you weren't the best candidate for that school. There's most likely nothing wrong with what you're doing at interview (have you asked for feedback?) so you just need to keep trying until a school realises that you are the best candidate for them! Stay positive and don't let rejections get you down. I know it's hard not to take them personally, but try and make up a non-personal reason why they might not have chosen you (eg. "They were obviously looking for someone with more experience") to keep your spirits up. Good luck at your next interview!

2. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

It's not just you - there are loads of teachers experiencing the same thing because there are too few jobs out there. If you go to the unemployed teachers forum there is a lot of good advice for interview technique etc. You have passed the first 2 hurdles i.e. a great application/supporting statement and good references, so take heart from that! Try writing out answers to common interview questions - it really helps as long as you don't try and 'learn' them cos then you will sound robotic when answering them!! Oh, and make sure you know as much about the school as you can before interview. Good luck - there should be a lot of vacancies really soon [​IMG]

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Spot on! You're lucky (or should I say talented!) to be getting to interview, well done! It took me 9 to get my first post and that was when the job shortages weren't quite as bad. Come and chat to us on Jobseekers, we're (mostly) all lovely [​IMG] xx