1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

11+ 11plus tutoring advice

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mairuzu, Oct 16, 2019.

1. mairuzu

mairuzu New commenter

Hi

I am secondary teacher and have been asked to tutor a friend's child for 11+. I have started to research resources, but it all seems to be highly monetised and I can't seem to find much in the way of free resources.

Could anyone let me know where I might be able to find any useful (and hopefully free) schemes of learning / tutor study plans, lesson resources etc.

If there aren't many free ones, please could you recommend any paid sites? There seem to be so many that I'm not sure where to start.

Any other advice welcome.

Thanks

2. Kateray1

Kateray1 Occasional commenter

I use the bond books but there are others out there. I haven’t found much free stuff either!

3. Abitofeverything

Abitofeverything Occasional commenter

Kateray1 likes this.
  4. ViolaClef

ViolaClef Lead commenter

The Bond books are the standard and well-known ones to work through. Ask your friend to buy the appropriate book/s for the child’s age. That’s perfectly reasonable. A Music teacher doesn’t purchase the pupils’ grade exam books for them. If you want or need any further resources of your own you may well have to buy them, but start with Bond and see whether anything further is necessary.

Kateray1 likes this.
  5. Kateray1

Kateray1 Occasional commenter

Hi

I also purchased the bond parent guide for us all to have access to, it was really good for tips and hints but also baseline tests, such as vocabulary for English, to work through.

My young student is sitting his 11+ next September! This is the first one I have ever done so we are all a little nervous.