1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

11/11/11

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by percy topliss, Nov 12, 2011.

1. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Just been browsing a few of the schools websites here in the Big Mango to see how they are dealing with the flood situation. I was quite surprised to see on the front page of the school that markets itself as "The British School in Bangkok" a celebration of 11/11/11, yet no mention of it also being Remembrance day. Do you think that I am odd in thinking this?

I do realise that it is terribly pc to try to put these things out of our minds these days but I, personally, think it a little sad.

Still in a hotel,

Perce

2. percy topliss

percy topliss Occasional commenter

Just been browsing a few of the schools websites here in the Big Mango to see how they are dealing with the flood situation. I was quite surprised to see on the front page of the school that markets itself as "The British School in Bangkok" a celebration of 11/11/11, yet no mention of it also being Remembrance day. Do you think that I am odd in thinking this?

I do realise that it is terribly pc to try to put these things out of our minds these days but I, personally, think it a little sad.

Still in a hotel,

Perce

3. Yeah, my dad is a member of The Greatest Generation and I thought Veterans Day got overshadowed by all of those ones bunched together. BF'in'D.

4. SMT dude

SMT dude New commenter