1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1000 posts in 7 years - how often do you post?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Seadream, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I feel like I come on these forums often but I know it ebbs and flows and that I read a whole lot more than I post. I've got married and had 2 children since I started posting! I just wondered why you post as often or as little as you do and what you get out of these forums? I feel like I *know* some posters as I read their comments so often and I sometimes feel like I must be a stalker as they don't know me! So anyone else feel this? Other than that, hello!

2. I sometimes feel like im posting loads but the actual number is quite small so I guess I must spend more time just reading. I find the forums a lovely brief respite from my busy days. And after a half term in hospital poorly I found I quite missed them.

3. I don't have many posts as amberwaves but I used to post as someone else. I didn't have many under that name either! For the last two years I've worked three days a week part time so have got more time to browse. I live on my own and since I split with my bf quite like having "conversations" online.

4. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Sometimes it is a soap.
    Anecdotes, humour and drama.
    And talking to myself gets very dull.

5. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

I enjoy your posts lurk...

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well, I definitely post an awful lot more than when I first joined.
    Like you Seadream, I feel as if I 'know' some of these people, which, being unemployed with no supply at present, means I feel I maintain some sort of contact with fellow colleagues. People on Jobseekers must be really fed up of me, as I sort of think of them as 'my class', trying to help out where and when I can- it's withdrawal symptoms with having no class of my own!
    Trust you're feeling happier by the way.

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

cheers seadream
    your posts are lovely
    And your username is evocative of happy days.

Maybe we are here to validate each others most excellent existence?
    Like BMW forums, where they take it in turns to say what a super car they have purchased - example thread viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34510.

( yes I am a member [​IMG] )

8. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

I read lots more than I post - and then I get sucked into posting, and then feel scared about what people will think!![​IMG]

9. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Ooh, me too, clear air.
    I also think I reveal too much about myself, but not as much as other people!
    You find out so much information about posters but then I can't always remember who said what and where.
    I am addicted to these forums and need to wean myself off.

10. i'll just post this message to see how many posts i have......

11. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

No consistency I am afraid it depends on where I am in the world, how busy I am, and if I can remember who I am supposed to be. Phases where I post a lot, periods when I do not x

12. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

Around 10,000 posts in 8 or so years...not too bad I think!

13. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

OK that was about 10 posts in twenty minutes. Me done for the day. Good wkd people xxxx

14. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

I'm on something like 600 posts, but most of that has been built up in the last 18 months/2 years.
    I'm on several forums with post counts running into the thousands, so this place is just a hobby by comparison...

15. I have loads of posts - weirdly I don't post a great deal now - my time is sucked up by my child, my job and all the other stuff I do. Plus a feeling of 'what's left to say?'
    I think the bulk of my posting comes from my PGDE year and my probation year. I was living in the middle of nowhere for probation and literally had nothing else to do (apart from foraging in the wilderness for food)

16. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I post a lot less than I used to... but then there are nowhere near as many new threads to post on these days!

17. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I have verbose patches and then find I don't want to post at all for a while. I say more than I used to and care less about whether anyone responds - I used to get embarrassed and a bit offended if I killed a thread. In person I'm very quiet but still like to pass comments from time to time. I'm on twitter but rarely tweet more than once a day and treat it like a "micro blog". I have had two other alter egos over the years, I changed once because my circumstances changed and once I got upset by two rather "gobby" posters having a go at me and I ran off in fright but I don't think that would happen now - I'm a bit more chilled in retirement. Btw, the "retirement" forum always seems a bit slow to open on my laptop, I love to think of it groaning slightly as it hoists itself out of its easy chair to get going - not like me at all!

18. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I have been posting for about 4 years give or take....not sure how many posts - but it'll show when I post this!
    My count is increased by telling people over on Cookery what I'm having for dinner most nights!

19. Whatever do you mean about remembering who you are supposed to be Richie?

20. Seadream

Seadream New commenter

My posts increased since I started posting on the 'Change the letter game' and the 'Limerick thread'!