1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

100%

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by Serdinya, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Despite the fact that my LEA have been dreadful in passing the correct information to the TPS - they have managed to finalise my pension in just under a week! Well done Capita!
    From Monday, I am officially a pensioner. Yes! - It's going to take a while to wind down, but I'm so looking forward to being in control of my own day to day activities,

2. Congratulations, Serdinya, savour the moment! I'm waiting for the end of the summer term, in July - colleagues are already getting fed up with my Cheshire cat grin!!! xx

3. [​IMG]

4. The cheesy grin does irritate everyone, doesn't it? Role on July.

5. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

6. great news and welcome!

7. Congratulations. I am going in July too. I must admit that I am also using my cheesy grin[​IMG]

8. That cheesy grin is impossible to stop! It's also nice to hear from colleagues that, since I handed in my resignation, I've looked healthier and happier!

9. [​IMG]
    I did my leaving speech today - luckily, I didn't blub, but came close when I spoke about the kids. I'll really miss them, but i won't miss the interminable pressures involved in teaching them!
    That's it. Deep breath and look forward to relaxing - time for a cold beer methinks!

10. Absolutely! I fully agree....getting out of teaching seems to take years off people and the ones I know who've escaped all look heck of a lot better now than they did a few years ago..They have a new lease of life.
    Congratulations Serdinya! I am still grinning about not having to go into school....and I've been retired for years! That joyous Sunday night feeling of bliss, which I get again when I wake up in bed on Monday morning, still hasn't left me! [​IMG]