1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

10 yr old boy with auditory processing difficulties

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by grandelle, Aug 2, 2011.

1. grandelle

grandelle New commenter

I wondered if anyone has or had any experience using effective materials when teaching children with this difficulty. Before I retired, I was able to support children in the classroom as well as 1-1 but the intervention tended to be linked with what was going on in the classroom. I no longer work in a school and so don't have resources to hand. I'd be prepared to buy something worthwhile. I thought I could use homework tasks as a starting point in getting to know the boy.
    I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

2. grandelle

grandelle New commenter

I wondered if anyone has or had any experience using effective materials when teaching children with this difficulty. Before I retired, I was able to support children in the classroom as well as 1-1 but the intervention tended to be linked with what was going on in the classroom. I no longer work in a school and so don't have resources to hand. I'd be prepared to buy something worthwhile. I thought I could use homework tasks as a starting point in getting to know the boy.
    I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

3. Hi, in what capacity will you be teaching the boy?

4. grandelle

grandelle New commenter

Not sure exactly what you mean. I'm a retired SEN teacher and the boy is a grandson of a friend's friend!

5. grandelle

grandelle New commenter

Do you have any thoughts, dc88? From your other posts, you sound like the ideal person to advise me? Maybe you disapprove of what I'm about to do?
    Thanks for any opinions.