Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.
Don't forget to look at the how to guide.
Discussion in 'Personal' started by welshchocoholic1, Dec 15, 2015.
1. My kid. Absolutely everything about her.
2. The smell of fresh air first thing in the morning
3. A nice white wine chilling in the fridge
4. Anything creative, whether it's painting, gardening or cooking
5. Watching my ancient old stinking dog still get pleasure out of what's left of his life. Sometimes he acts like a puppy and it cheers me up no end.
6. My twice weekly milk delivery. Sounds daft but it's like receiving a little gift on my doorstep twice a week
7. My husband (most of the time)
8. Someone, anyone, cooking me a meal.
9. Art materials.
10. Reading or watching Netflix in bed.
I'm going to adopt 3, 6 and 8 from @coffeekid
1 is the milkman - I get fizzy water too!
2 someone cooks for me
3 sparkling white wine
3 the jolly old pets
5 marital cuddles (and I MEAN cuddles)
6 when my daughters ring me in happy mood rather than wanting me to sort something
7 the grandchildren (when they're not sniping at each other)
8 the pond and the ducks and moorhens
9 my devices that are radio and books and games and chat and browsing and learning
10 a relaxing bath
Lots of things.
1 The moon and a starry sky
2 A good Rioja
3 A good book
4 Family and friends
5 Switching off the alarm clock on a Friday evening
6 Christmas and any other holiday
7 The end of load shedding
8 Good coffee
9 Fresh air
10 Being warm
1 Not having to make lists of things that make me happy.
It's good to count your blessings once in a while, msb
1. The sea
2. Any other type of water (lake, stream, mere)
3. Being on a boat (can you see a trend here)
4. Being able to read uninterrupted for hours, especially outside, on holiday
5. A cup of tea
6. Cuddles with my grandbabies
7. Tubing (as long as the weather is really warm)
8. Alton Towers
9. France - particularly Brittany
10. My dog
Oh I forgot the sea! It's so long since I saw it!
In no order of preference...
1. Living in France
2. My woodpiles
4. A pile of unread books
6. Coffee creams
8. Log fires
9. Clean sheets
10. New shoes
Oh, the sea.....
Ok, I'll swap shoes for the sea.
If nobody made a list @magic surf bus we'd have no lists to be happy about having read. I'm enjoying it.
1. My family
2. My home
3. A trip to the pub Friday teatime
4. Making a good sound when I sing
5, Knowing I've got an evening in,
6. Having a bath.
7. When visitors go home.
8.When all the jobs are done.
9. Views of hills.
10, Bread and butter
In no particular order:
Listening to, at home, or going to performances of, Italian opera
Enjoying the company of dear friends and family
Watching plants grow and seeing the seasons change
Swimming when the weather is very hot, and feeling the sun on me.
Crocheting and knitting and creating combinations of colour that delight me
Words and their roots, connotations ,denotations, subtleties and nuances. Language.
Spending time with my grandboys, specially having ice creams in Sydney Harbour.
Reading books that I enjoy- mostly poetry and biography now.
Having a bath with lovely smelling, gentle soap.
What is this, Noja?
@Lascarina Totally off-topic but why is your Christmas avatar not a piratical wench in a Christmas hat?
My middle dog. He is a very loving boy and loves to follow me around then sit next to me gazing at me adoringly.
My little purple car.
My oldest dog. He is such a dignified and handsome old boy.
My youngest dog a.k.a small *****. She is a fiesty wee madam!
Christmas and everything about it.
My job - particularly interacting with the kids.
A good book.
Baking and the eating which follows.
Exercising, particularly outside. Walking or rowing.
Because I thought Lascarina's head was too small for kibosh to fit a hat onto, so I found this picture of a person with a Christmas pudding on its head and took a fancy to it. Lascarina Bouboulina was a female admiral, you know!
I didn't know. I thought you had a generic 'Moll'.
I'm rather fond of the buxom Bouboulina now I've googled her however!
Mmm, VERY nice!
I am very partial to her. I have been to her museum on Spetses and seen a statue of her there.
Great name too. But you got there first so she's yours.