1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

10 things in a wizards pocket

Discussion in 'Primary' started by blue123, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hi all

Anyone got that poem?? I've tried searching internet but not there left my poem book at school.

Thanks all xx

2. Hi all

Anyone got that poem?? I've tried searching internet but not there left my poem book at school.

Thanks all xx

3. There all great big thanks they are actually much better than the original i think my children will love them. I have yr 1/2 and we are doing traditional tales so am doing 10 things in a giants pocket or to get commas in a list of things in a giants pocket xxx

thanks for help - im in a no working mood too xx

4. I cae across 10 things in Santas pocket which was lovely.

10 things in Goldilocks pockets - that would be a good one considering what a thief she is!

5. oh lovely - i may be changing my mine as we speak xx

6. 10 things in Red Riding Hood's basket
    10 things on Old Mother Hubbard's wish list

7. Great idea! A little like ideas for the speaking and listening box last summer.

8. Millie dog

Millie dog New commenter

10 things in a wizard's pocket can be found in the red paperback poetry book called something like 'poems for the literacy hour'.
    I did it for an observed lesson last year and went v well (yr 1 low ability). Had a wizard's cave as my role play corner and chn wrote spells. Got lovely descriptive writing out of chn thinking of new things to put in his pockets.

9. the book is called "The Works" Paul Cookson

and you'e all just helped me with my literacy planning so THANK YOU!!

10. Julia thanks for all the ideas I think i may do Red riding hoods basket xx

11. Do you want me to make anything? I am in need of a distraction, the kids are craling up the walls because it is raining!

12. crawling - my w key plays up!

13. Ten Things Found in a Wizard's Pocket

A dark night.
    Some words that nobody could ever spell.
    A glass of water full to the top.
    A large elephant.
    A vest made from spiders' webs.
    A handkerchief the size of a car park.
    A bill from the wand shop.
    A bucket full of stars and planets, to mix with the dark night.
    A bag of magic mints you can suck for ever.
    A snoring rabbit.

Ian McMillan

14. lovely story - i think however i am the only teacher not to have an IWB!! Resources im fine with thanks for the offer though x its raining here to. Trying to plan but keep on looking at other things xx

15. Poppy1978

Poppy1978 New commenter

Our NQT did this as an obs lesson, from what I heard it was really good - she even had a pocket that she pulled the items from!

Inspired some great writing too :eek:)

16. Poppy,
    I dont suppose it would be possible to get more information about what your NQT did? Resources they used and how they structured the writing after that. I am really taken by that idea.

Thank you very much!
    kat
    sweethoneyness99@hotmail.com