1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

10 minutes lesson-GTP interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by bebitaaura, Feb 8, 2011.

1. I would be very grateful if someone could give me suggestions regarding a short presentation of mini lesson in maths for GTP interview. Thank you

2. for Key Stage 3

3. WIth all due respect ... how would you react if one of your pupils put a comment on a discussion forum saying "I've got to write 4 things I know about fractions ... any ideas?"

You must have a few ideas already. Have you got any topics in mind? What do you want to get across? Have you been given any guidance/limitations? Any data on the pupils? What are your strengths you want make clear? What are your weaknesses you either want to address and overcome or simply cover up or avoid (for now!)? What are you concerns (if any)? Have you spent any time with the school or pupils before? Will you be going in cold, or will you be in the class observing/helping for 30 mins before your 10 mins in the limelight? What else will they be doing in that lesson? What have they done in previous lessons?

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Paulpav makes very good points. The whole point of this task, you see, is to determine how good a candidate for teaching you are - not how good you are at asking other people for their ideas on the internet.
    So - how good are you? Good enough to think of your own ideas and confident enough in your own ideas to present them? Good enough also to engage in constructive criticism afterwards and learn from it?
    These things are what they're looking for.