1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

10 Minute activity interview for TA position!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by jimmyjam007, Jun 8, 2011.

1. jimmyjam007

jimmyjam007 New commenter

I have an interview in just under a week for a Teaching Assistant position in a Primary school. They have told me to prepare a ten minute activity for a group of year 3 /4 children. They inform me in the letter that an interactive whiteboard and projector is available, that a story or short video would be a good stimulus but that the speaking and listening element is up to me. They also say that the activity must be able to lead onto a peice of writing. I have some ideas for activities but none of them involve the interactive whiteboard. I would like to include this but have never used one before. Does anyone have any good ideas for an interesting and engaging activity. Theres so much I could choose from but I want some advice from people who have been successful in these types of interviews. Many thanks