1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

10 min presentation on leadership - Help!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Mar 31, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on your interview! You must be very pleased.
    You need to be careful about asking for - or accepting - ideas for something like this on a well-known site.
    Suppose somebody gave you some really great idea - but another 2 candidates for the same post saw it too, and all of you did the same thing!
    Not as far-fetched as it sounds.
    Recently another Head posted that in interviews for a teaching post, 4, four, of the candidates used a lesson plan suggested on the primary Forum here.
    She recogbised it, but even if she hadn't, the fact that they all did the same thing rather gave it away!
    Best to work out your own ideas. And keep them private.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Do think of your audience, by the way . . . I'm not sure that Governors will be looking for a fun presentation . . .
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I KNEW you would get those answers, but hey I looked in anyway, just in case.

I have to do a similar presentation, but hopefully they aren't looking for anything 'fun'. Interesting I can probably manage, but I think it will be pretty serious. Leadership and raising standards and all that is pretty serious and high priority for the school. A Hyped up jazzy fun presentation might not let them know I take it seriously.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You just know me too well, Minnie! [​IMG]

5. It's funny but I'm sure most of us could have guessed what you'd reply Theo!
    Minnie - have you had your interview yet?