1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

10 days early years experience in a maintained setting

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by natwest, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Hi James,

I have just heard from my first choice course provider and they have stated that I need recent experience in a maintained early years setting. I have had an abundance of experience both supporting and teaching just not in the last 2 years.
    I currently work full time in a secondary school so do not know how I will be able to gain this minimum 10 days experience in a school? I will not be able to take time off to do this. Does the setting have to be a school, or are there other types of maintained settings?

Thanks

Natalie

2. Hi James,

I have just heard from my first choice course provider and they have stated that I need recent experience in a maintained early years setting. I have had an abundance of experience both supporting and teaching just not in the last 2 years.
    I currently work full time in a secondary school so do not know how I will be able to gain this minimum 10 days experience in a school? I will not be able to take time off to do this. Does the setting have to be a school, or are there other types of maintained settings?

Thanks

Natalie

3. Following on from my reply in the Prospective student teachers forum, you can try nursery, playgroup or children's centre, but it's a school experience they are really after.