1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1 year contract from Sept to July - will I get paid in August?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by anon3702, May 14, 2011.

1. As the title says really...
    I started my job on 1st September and am due to finish on 22nd July. As an NQT I am on MPS1 and so far have been paid the correct amounts. I know I don't need to work a month in hand as I got paid at the end of September. I know therefore I will get paid at the end of July, but will I still be paid at the end of August?
    Any info to clear this up will be great, otherwise I will need to find a part-time job over the summer holidays to pay my rent! [​IMG]

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

It rather depends what it says on your contract.

3. LauraHester

LauraHester New commenter

You really need to look in your contract but I would imagine that if it states fixed term till 22nd July they have done that in order not to pay you over the summer.
    You are better off asking the school directly as they are the only ones who can really answer you.

4. Just dug out my contract - it says I will get paid in 12 instalments, so as I got my first instalment in September therefore I should get paid in August! I searched a few other places and apparently as long as I am in school and working on the last day of term I should get paid in August.
    Thanks for the replies.