1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1% Pay Increase

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Alenamai, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Alenamai

Alenamai Occasional commenter

Apologies but I have also posted this in Pay and Conditions but I thought the traffic might be better on Primary.

Has anyone else received a 1% pay increase in September? None of the staff at my school have and I know it is now at the discretion of the school (unless you are on certain points). I have looked in my school's pay policy and there is nothing mentioned about government pay increases just TLR payments etc. We asked our bursar and she said it hadn't been agreed yet.

I just wanted to know if other people were in the same situation and whether if it is agreed it will be back dated to September?

Obviously without naming your school, could you let me know if you have, or if you know whether you will be receiving it?

Thanks
    Alena

2. Ds2d12

Ds2d12 Occasional commenter

Main scale will be 2% this year...wont have been approved that soon

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Alenamai

Alenamai Occasional commenter

I thought main scale is only 2% if you are at the bottom of the pay scale. I'm UPS 3 but not sure if it will apply to me.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  4. Ds2d12

Ds2d12 Occasional commenter

Yes m1 to m6

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. stacy_t

stacy_t New commenter

N

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. vannie

vannie Lead commenter

My school is awarding 2% across the board.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  7. modgepodge

modgepodge Occasional commenter

My school gave us 1%, governors had to approve it though I think. We are a private school but follow payscales the local LA schools use.

8. Bajan-night

Bajan-night Occasional commenter

M1-M6 should have received 2% UPS 1%. Check with your union.

9. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Not necessarily...check the school's pay policy.

10. bajan

bajan Occasional commenter

NASUWT were asking members to let them know if they did not receive the pay rise.

11. RepelloInimicum

RepelloInimicum Established commenter

When are we supposed to have received it by? Nothing for us yet.

12. eleanorms

eleanorms Occasional commenter

Ours is same as last year, 1%. Awarded in Nov payslip but backdated to 1st Sep. Apparently this way as first governors finance meeting of the school year needs to approve it.