1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

...1 more week of school!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by marymoocow, Dec 17, 2011.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Poor you I finished yesterday. My kids are in diff LA so finish tues and I'm looking forward to 2 days peace. The latest I have finished is 3 days before Christmas and then we only got 1 and a half weeks hol. I have never been more knackered. Hope you get 2 weeks off. What a silly time to break up.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Goodness me! You poor thing. My class were hyper enough about xmas last week, goodness knows how I'd manage them on the 23rd.

I bet you'll be able to feel happy indoors when we go back to work on the 3rd Jan though.

3. That is all that is keeping me going! The 23rd is a teacher day so at least we only have 4 days to get through with the children. I'm just going to try to make it feel extra special and christmas-y for the class. I hope this is the last 9 week half term we have to go through for a long time!

4. becky70

becky70 Occasional commenter

Yes, I have.

5. Me too, in Nottingham. We have taken the 23rd as an inset and worked twilights so we don't actually have to come in for the inset.

It seems bizarrely late breaking up the day before Christmas eve.

6. I'm in Carmarthenshire and we finish on the 22nd!
    Can't wait now!!!
    Don't go back untill the 9th though :)

7. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

We were supposed to break up on the 23rd but the LEA have decided that's the day we'll have our extra bank holiday for the Queen's jubilee next year so we finish on the 22nd. I'm so glad as I have a 5+ hour drive home for Christmas and wouldn't fancy having to that on Christmas eve! I'm looking forward to having the extra time after new year though.

8. Leicester_Vics

Leicester_Vics New commenter

Me!! We don't break up until the 22nd. The kids have already gone crazy. 9 weeks is just too much to cope with!
    Am looking forward to going back a bit later though! We also go back on the 9th, which is a nice change. A couple of years back we went back on the 2nd. I think I was probably still drunk!

9. Hello
    yep sat here doing planning for next week. But the 9th of Jan to go back seems a great idea!

10. ShadowMan

ShadowMan New commenter

Well who was the idiot at your school who decided that? Hope you've all given them hell.