1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1-1 tuition payments not due till october!

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by rosiems, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I wonder if anyone can advise me. I have just completed ten weeks of 1-1 tuition (five pupils a week), only to be told today that I won't be paid until October (part payment) and then again next February. Bearing in mind I started the ten week sessions this February I think it's a bit of a cheek, especially as I wasn't told this would happen when I agreed to do the work. Last year, we were paid as soon as we started the sessions, but the school bursar now says that should not have happened and we will just have to wait until October before we see our pay. I have spoken to other tutors who say that they have been paid for this year already. I should have mentioned that I teach full time in the school where I have done the tutorials. Just wondering if I ought to consult my union for advice, and would love to know how other tutors have got on with regards to payment. Many thanks.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

They are taking the p***. You do the work and you get paid.Weekly or monthly. That's how it works.

3. I can't believe what I've read. I'm currently doing 1-2-1 and have been paid for the tuition I've already done. No way would I wait until October to be recompensed and I bet the bursar wouldn't wait that long to be paid either. I'd speak to my union asap.Have just put in my second pay claim and will be paid before the holidays.

4. I do 1 - 1 tuition in the school I retired from last August. Each month I fill in a time sheet which is sent to LEA salaries and then I get paid the following month. I have been paid for all work up to May now and will receive payment for June at the end of July,

5. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

All 'normal' teachers doing one to one in our area are paidjust as normal teachers, so should be in your normal paypacket I think