1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

1:1 Tuition - Maths

Discussion in 'Primary' started by claire810, Jan 14, 2011.

1. What resources do you use for 1:1 tuition. We are tutoring Y6 pupils at level 3. My school has used Springboard 7 in the past.
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. A good tutor!

3. We don't use any specific resources. The children's teachers highlight some of the aspects of Maths which the child needs to develop on either th APP materials, or the securing Level Whatever materials. They also have a meeting with the tutor.The tutor then plans each lesson around these, and what comes out of the session.

4. Ha ha!! I aspire to be one of those!!

5. It's a mistake to use any kind of 'scheme' as the learning is best tailored very specifically to the child's gaps. We use the teachers APP sheet for the child and then pick from a variety of things to help that child. The standards site has some good publications about how to get past barriers in children's understanding and how to move to the next level, for each level. I am sorry that I can't remember off the top of my head what they are called - but if you start at the standards site and work your way through maths/ etc you will find them. They suggest activities and highlight where the key issues are likely to be.