1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

0.5 timetable (2.5 days but over 3 lunch times)

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by d2148j, Sep 14, 2011.

1. d2148j

d2148j New commenter

Last year I worked very clearly 2.5days and a 50% timetable (17 periods). This year I still have 17 periods but I start work at break time on a Tuesday until end of day (PPA is last two on a Tuesday), then work all day Wednesday and until 1.50 on a Thursday. I have been told I need to attend all meetings and cpd sessions if they fall on my days at work. Is this correct.

Also should I be paid for 3 days as I am going over lunch time?

2. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

The lunch break is mot part of Directed Time as it is unpaid. It's your time to do hwith as you wish, on or off the premises. It cannot therefore be included when calculating the portion of a f/t contract that you work.
    There is an issue with trapped time if you are expected to stay on for after-school meetings on days when youfinish before the end of the pupil day.
    Speak to your Union about your contract fraction and keep a detailed log of your DT tally.
    If you don't start work until after morning break, have they said that you must be on the premises 10 or 15 minutes beforehand as they do with full-timers who generally have to be in for a set time before and after the timetabled day.
    Would it suit you to have your PPA before morning break on Tuesday so that you can leave early? I suspect they have put it at the end of the day so that you are there for meetings with no trapped time to be funded.