1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

0.28 LTO pay

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by batteryacid99, Nov 29, 2018.

1. batteryacid99

batteryacid99 New commenter

Hello, i am currently supply at a school two days a week, and for about 4 hours a day. Although it is not a full day becase I am working more than a half day I get paid for a full day. Now I have the opportunity to be hired in the role for the rest of the year in a 0.28 LTO. I am a very new teacher so my pay rating would be at the bottom or at least very close to it. So Im wondering if that meansI would be paid less than 2 full days if it became an LTO, as that would be considered 0.4. Are LTOs similar to supplying and they will pay you for 2 days as they are taking up two days of your week, or would I actually be taking a pay cut.

Based on the math I did, it could be wrong, I stand to make more money continuing to supply elsewhere as i could get two full days.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

2. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Where are you? You mention math, and I see that LTO is a term in Canada but I've never heard of it here in the UK. This site is based in the UK and so we're not necessarily going to know how they work things elsewhere.